2 hours later… We pretty much have a specific relationship target group! (Unfortunately we cannot find the photo of our brainstorm… But we brainstormed ideas across two whiteboards!)
We narrowed our customer definition and we decided on a concept.
We also experimented in class with conductive threads to work with different pressure sensors.
We managed to knit a sock that was sensitive to pressure changes -LED brightness was affected by pressure exerted by the foot.
We fine-tuned our design concept, finalising the details and going on to design development.
A final design idea was decided upon and presented to the rest of the class.
http://www.objectdna.com/workshops/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Design-development-1024x718.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 655px) 100vw, 655px" />
The evening was spent finalising the details of the programming and circuitry needed. The timing and order of all the different outputs had to be coordinated in the simplest way possible.
Major change in plan for the design of the slipper – voice messaging had to be discarded because it was directly against brief specifications. Instead, we decided on using scents as a link to home. This meant a big delay as we had to reorganise the circuitry and programming.
http://www.objectdna.com/workshops/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Day-3-732x1024.jpg 732w" sizes="(max-width: 512px) 100vw, 512px" />
So later that day, construction of the slipper began…
Judy designed the aesthetics of the slipper – the design had to coordinate the metal snaps and speaker on the front of the slipper
Construction REALLY started today…
Usama and Cyril worked on the circuitry…
Things started getting complicated today!
Last day before deadline!
With the brunt of the project done, we progressed onto our presentation for tomorrow…