Our work today was divided into two parts. One involved going to the CSE to get the materials needed cut with the Laser Cutter, whereas the second one involved creating the circuit and the program that we would use for our product.
At CSE, three types of cloth – foam, and two types of non-conductive fabrics for the outer covering and the circuit – were cut in the shape of our desired product. Prior to going to the CSE, we met up to decide on the cloth material we would use and this was followed by a very short session of shopping for fabric :). However, before this, we needed to design the outline of our product on a program called Inkscape.
http://www.objectdna.com/workshops/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC02557-1024x768.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />http://www.objectdna.com/workshops/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC02562-1024x768.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
http://www.objectdna.com/workshops/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC025581-1024x768.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
http://www.objectdna.com/workshops/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC02566-1024x768.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
After creating the program in terms of how we wanted a product to react to pressure, we made the circuit using three LED lights and a bread board. This was our way of making sure that the circuit would work when extend to a greater number of LED lights.
http://www.objectdna.com/workshops/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC02593-1024x768.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" /> http://www.objectdna.com/workshops/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC02599-1024x768.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
Towards the end of the day, we came to the realization that our strips were a bit too thin. We decided, to use the extra strips we had to widen the strips.